viernes, 28 de diciembre de 2012
 is located on the North coast of Egypt 20 km to the west of Marsa Matruh, and about 300 km to the west of Alexandria
During the reign of Ramesses II, it was the location of a major fortress-town which probably marked the western extent of direct Egyptian influence.
It was discovered in 1948 and in the subsequent years was sporadically examined by Alan Rowe and Labib Habachi. Since 1994 extensive excavations have been undertaken at the site by a team from the University of Liverpool under the direction of Steven Snape